The Hope Reichbach Fund provides scholarships for students who take internships in civic leadership and community organizing. The program facilitate internships with Brooklyn organizations involved in local issues and activism, provide mentorship and a network of contacts to students; enhancing their career development. Brooklyn College students have been chosen in the past.
Campus Sustainability is looking for an intern, see the position details in the attachment below. Please pass along this opportunity to students.
Also, note that this position will be compensated through FAFSA [FWS] or candidates may apply for Urban Sustainability Internship stipend.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Campus Sustainability Internship details
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING: The Mayors Office of Sustainability and the CUNY Building Performance Lab are hosting a free three-day bootcamp for students to learn more about assessing building systems for energy efficiency. The bootcamp runs fromMay 30 – Jun 1. Students can learn more about it and register here: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Apply-now–Energy-Boot-Camp-for-CUNY-Students—May-30-June-1.html?soid=1106536376594&aid=7KvN3Oe4T2g
NYC H2O and National Park Service are hosting a beach clean up on Plumb Beach. All are encouraged join to participate and have fun!
Date & Time: Saturday, May 19th, 2018
There will be a bus leaving from Union Square in Manhattan (optional).
Sign up on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cleanup-at-plumb-beach-tickets-42729162074
NYC Housing Authority Summer Opportunities:
Posted in Internship, Sustainability
Tagged Environmental, GIS, Internship, Management, Resilience, Solar, Summer, Sustainability, Technology, Urban, Waste
- 350 Brooklyn works to reverse climate change and achieve climate justice through local action. We promote sustainable energy, oppose the fossil fuel industry, and educate and activate our community. 350Brooklyn is a local affiliate of 350.org, a global grassroots organization.
- The intern that works with them would likely work with one or more of their committees.
- More info here: https://350brooklyn.org/get-involved/
- A longstanding alliance of labor and community organizations united for a just and sustainable New York. ALIGN works at the intersection of economy, environment, and equity to make change and build movement. Our model addresses the root causes of economic injustice by forging strategic coalitions, shaping the public debate through strategic communications, and developing policy solutions that make an impact.
- Interns to possibly assist with one of their following campaigns: Climate Works for All; NY Renews; and Transform Don’t Trash. The info on each is here: http://alignny.org/campaign/
To apply to both email email@example.com. They will start reviewing applications April 30th.
Email Professor Menser at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and other opportunities.
Don’t forget to register for the 2018 end-of-year Sustainability Mixer!
Register here with password: bcsust